These are several topics that should be discussed before walking down the aisle. The success of your marriage may hinge on your decisions to deal with issues such as communication, parenting, leisure time, family of origin, spirituality, and conflict resolution.
With all the tremendous amount of time you have put into your wedding, it is even more critical that you make time to prepare for your life together by exploring your relationship at a deeper level so that your marriage could last forever.
Let us help!
Breakthrough Counseling Education Center is passionate about preparing couples to have a successful marriage! We utilize an evidenced-based program, Prepare/Enrich, that helps couples explore pertinent issues prior to getting married.
What is PREPARE/ENRICH?
PREPARE/ENRICH is a customized couple assessment completed online that identifies a couple’s strength and growth areas. It is one of the most widely used programs for premarital counseling and premarital education. It is also used for marriage counseling, marriage enrichment, and dating couples considering engagement.
Over 3 Million Couples!
Over the last 30 years, the PREPARE/ENRICH relationship assessment has empowered and energized more than 3 million couples. We’re the #1 relationship inventory and couples’ assessment tool.
We provide you with a Premarital Assessment that you can take online. This assessment will help you to have an objective view of your strengths as a couple primarily before your wedding, as well as after marriage. In addition, we will help you determine any areas of growth in your relationship AND build skills to resolve difference. The assessment is NOT designed to determine whether or not you should get married or indicate whether or not your marriage would be a success or failure. Instead, the assessment is a wonderful tool that helps to get to the bottom line so that you can begin to deal with differences in your expectations, family backgrounds, and personality traits.
Premarital Counseling Sessions
Based on a couple’s assessment results, a trained facilitator provides 7-8 feedback sessions in which the facilitator helps the couple discuss and understand their results as they are taught proven relationship skills.
What are the major goals of the PREPARE/ENRICH Program?
There are several goals of the PREPARE/ENRICH Program. In order to achieve these goals there are exercises designed to help couples improve their relationship skills. The program helps couples:
- Explore strength and growth areas
- Strengthen communication skills
- Identify and manage major stressors
- Resolve conflict using the Ten Step Model
- Develop a more balanced relationship
- Explore family of origin issues
- Discuss financial planning and budgeting
- Establish personal, couple and family goals
- Understand and appreciate personality differences
What relationship areas are assessed by the Inventory?
- 12 Relationship Scales — communication, conflict resolution, roles, sexuality, finances, spiritual beliefs and more
- 5 SCOPE Personality Scales
- 4 Couple and Family Scales — based on the Circumplex Model
- 4 Relationship Dynamic Scales
- 30 Customized Scales
- Our program is SHORT, BRIEF, and VALUABLE! There are total of only 8 sessions, each session will last up to 45 minutes.
- Each session is designed to meet YOUR goals and needs as a couple.
- Upon completion of the sessions, you will be awarded a premarital counseling certificate and will also receive a DISCOUNT of $32.50 off of your marital license when you present the certificate to the court clerk prior to purchasing your marital license.
- In addition, the 3-day waiting period will be waived!
Just think about it, with all the time and money invested in preparing for the wedding itself, it only makes sense to invest a little more time and finance in building the foundation of your marriage. By addressing issues in your relationship now could help you avoid serious marital problems down the road and the expenses of planning for a divorce. We are proud of you for taking this vital step in building a solid marriage for you and your partner!
Don’t make the mistake of getting married without knowing your future spouse’s thoughts on important issues that can kill a marriage.